August 7 - 8, 2015
Readfield Historical Society Art: Beverley Norton Newton
• Barbecue — 4:30 to 8 PM - Readfield Town Beach
• Readfield Historical Society Wine & Cheese Social — 5 to 7 PM - Readfield Historical Society & Museum.
• Rich Charette Concert — 6 PM - Readfield Town Beach
• Fireworks — 9:15 PM - Readfield Town Beach
• Readfield History Walk — 10 AM to Noon. Walk will include the new trail that leads from the Community Library to Union Meeting House, and parts of the old Fairgrounds Trail, Church Road and Main Street. Brief stops will be made along the way to share information about some of the oldest and/or intriguing homes, and at Readfield Corner where a major fire occurred in 1921 and many businesses have come and gone since the late 1700s. Walk leaders will be Dale Potter-Clark, Readfield History Walks coordinator; Milt Wright, Readfield Trails Committee chairperson; and William Adams, Readfield Corner historian. Adams and Potter-Clark are researching for a book about old houses in Readfield and thus far have researched nearly 200 houses — including those at Readfield Corner. Readfield. Meet at Gile Hall on Old Kents Hill Road by 10 a.m.
For more information, call 441-9184 or email email@example.com.
• Sixth annual Ricky Gibson Memorial Car Show — 8 AM to 2 PM - Maranacook Community School. Entry fee is $10 for a car or bike; spectators free. Registration is set for 8-10 a.m. Awards given for 20-plus classes. There will be a disc jockey, barbecue, 50/50 raffle, prizes and more. The event is hosted by Strictly Street Car Club. Proceeds will benefit the Ricky Gibson Football Scholarship Fund.
• Readfield Community Library’s annual Library Book Sale — 9 AM to 1 PM - Readfield Fire Station. Proceeds will benefit Readfield Community Library.
• Union Meeting House Lawn Sale — 8 AM to 2 PM - 22 Church Road. Proceeds will be used to restore the Old Union Meeting House.
• Fun Fair — 10 AM to 2 PM - Readfield Town Beach. Event will include bounce houses, face painting, “tote”-ally fun tote design, grab bags, glow-in-the-dark novelties and refreshments. Admission is free; in case of rain, the event will move to Maranacook Community School.
• Party Palooga — Noon to 2 PM - Readfield Town Beach. There will be balloon fun and temporary glitter tattoos. In case of rain, the party will move to the Maranacook Community School.